Thursday 1 September 2011

Guyatone LG-60B - 1960s Japanese singlecut set-neck guitar

guitarz.blogspot.com:
You'll have to forgive me, I seem to be on some vintage Japanese guitar kick lately. This gorgeous Guyatone LG-60B would seem to be a Japanese amalgam of various Airline and Supro guitars. In my eyes it is just as desirable. Some nice touches include the "Sharp to Soft" pickup selector switch, the bakelite volume and tone controls and those huge Guya pickups which I suspect, despite their size, are actually single coils.

It's quite a beauty, but I couldn't really say that the $1,390 Buy It Now price on eBay is deserved.

G L Wilson

© 2011, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

1 comment:

  1. The LG-60B was my first electric guitar. I still have it!. The pickups are brilliant and should be reproduced by somebody. I added a Bigsby Twanger and got a sound better than a strat for Shadows instrumentals. Incredibly crisp high and lows. Also very light weight and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis